kar·pas | \ ˈkärˌpäs\
Definition of karpas
: a piece of parsley, celery, or lettuce placed on the Passover seder plate as a symbol of spring or hope and dipped in salt water in remembrance of the hyssop and blood of the Passover in Egypt
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game