ka·ra·ka | \ ˈkärəkə\
Definition of karaka
: a New Zealand tree (Corynocarpus laevigata) having orange-colored fruit with edible pulp and poisonous seeds that when cooked and dried are also edible and form an important article of native diet
Keep scrolling for more
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game