Definition of kangaroo paw
: an Australian sedgelike spring-flowering herb (Anigozanthos manglesii) of the family Amaryllidaceae having the clustered flowers covered with greenish wool except at their red bases
— called also kangaroo's-foot
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game