Definition of kangaroo apple
1 : an edible yellow egg-shaped fruit of Australia and New Zealand that has a mealy subacid pulp
2 : a shrubby or herbaceous perennial plant (Solanum aviculare) that is sometimes cultivated in warm regions for its racemes of purple flowers and for the kangaroo apples that it bears
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game