kali·nite | \ ˈkaləˌnīt, ˈkāl-\
Definition of kalinite
: a mineral KAl(SO4)2.11H2O consisting of a fibrous and birefringent hydrous sulfate of potassium and aluminum that is distinct from alum in crystallization and water content
Keep scrolling for more
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game