ka·ki | \ ˈkä(ˌ)kē\
Definition of kaki
(Entry 1 of 2)
: japanese persimmon
ka·ki | \ käˈkē\
Definition of kaki (Entry 2 of 2)
: a blackish stilt of New Zealand that is usually considered a color phase of the white-headed stilt but is sometimes assigned to a separate species (Himantopus novae-zelandiae)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?