jus re·lic·tae | \ -rə̇ˈlik(ˌ)tē\
Definition of jus relictae
: a widow's right to a share in the free movable estate of her deceased husband to the extent of one third if there are children and otherwise one half
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
- ls ‘Series’ Singular or Plural?
- Triumph, Ovations and Other Words from Ancient Rome
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game