jus com·mer·cii | \ -kəˈmərshēˌī\
Definition of jus commercii
Roman & civil law
: a right to make contracts, acquire, hold, and transfer property, and have business dealings
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game