Definition of judicial council
: a governmental agency usually composed of judges and lawyers and established to study and make recommendations to the legislature on alterations in the laws and in the administration of the courts judicial councils … devise ways of simplifying judicial procedure— A. F. Macdonald
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game