Definition of judicial council
: a governmental agency usually composed of judges and lawyers and established to study and make recommendations to the legislature on alterations in the laws and in the administration of the courts judicial councils … devise ways of simplifying judicial procedure— A. F. Macdonald
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Summer Reading Picks from Merriam-Webster Staffers
- The Wayward Cousins of 'Irregardless'
- Different Words for Luggage and Baggage
- Rapping on 'Bad Rap' and 'Bad Rep' (and 'Bad Wrap')
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game