Definition of judgment roll
1 : a parchment roll or a book containing a record of the proceedings and judgment of a case in a court of law the cost of transcribing the judgment roll — Ward v. Cruse
2 : a roll of papers constituted by a collection of the original records of a judicial proceeding
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?