variants: or jubba \ ˈju̇bə , ˈjəbə \
Definition of jubbah
: a long outer garment resembling an open coat, having long sleeves, and worn especially formerly in Muslim countries especially by public officials and professional people arrayed in white cloth robes, a black jubbah, and a gold sash— John Buchan
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?