Definition of joking relationship
: an institutionalized relationship of pronounced familiarity between specified relatives widely found in some cultures and involving the exchange of frequently sexually colored banter, jocular insults, and the playing of tricks upon one another — compare avoidance sense 5
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?