jivanoun, sometimes capitalized
ji·va | \ ˈjēvə\
Definition of jiva
a : the vital energy of life
b : the individual soul
a : the individual life monad or separate individual self
b : the aggregate of all life monads or separate selves : life
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?