less common variant of jasmine
1a : any of numerous often climbing shrubs (genus Jasminum) of the olive family that usually have extremely fragrant flowers especially : a tall-climbing semievergreen Asian shrub (J. officinale) with fragrant white flowers from which oil is extracted for use in perfumes
b : any of numerous plants having sweet-scented flowers especially : yellow jessamine
2 : a light yellow
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game