Definition of jegging
: a legging that is designed to resemble a tight-fitting pair of denim jeans and is made of a stretchable fabric —usually plural All brands of jeans come with a certain amount of stretch built into them, so as long as you feel comfortable and confident in your jeggings, keep wearing them. — Huffington Post, 29 Sept. 2014Jeggings, often in stretch denim, are leggings styled to resemble tight jeans, with stitching to suggest pockets and a fly front.— Teri Agins, Wall Street Journal, 10 July 2014
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?