Definition of jayhawker
1 capitalized : a native or resident of Kansas —used as a nickname
2a often capitalized : a member of a band of antislavery guerrillas in Kansas and Missouri before and during the American Civil War
b : bandit
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game