variant of jojoba
: a shrub or small tree (Simmondsia chinensis synonym S. californica) of the box family of southwestern North America with edible seeds that yield a valuable liquid wax used especially in cosmetics
standardized text or formulaic language
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game