jac·u·tin·ga | \ ˌjakyəˈtiŋgə \
Definition of jacutinga
1 : a South American guan (Pipile jacutinga)
2 [Portuguese, from Jacutinga, village in the state of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, its locality] : a hematitic iron ore that occurs in Brazil and is characterized by thin bedding or lamination
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game