Definition of jack oak
2 : an extremely variable oak (Quercus ellipsoidalis) of east central North America having leaves with sharply pointed lobes and ashy gray turbinate to goblet-shaped acorn cups with persistent dull pubescence
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game