French phrase

: I adjust
used in chess when adjusting a piece without intending to move it

Dictionary Entries Near j'adoube

Cite this Entry

“J'adoube.” Merriam-Webster.com Dictionary, Merriam-Webster, https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/j%27adoube. Accessed 25 Jul. 2024.

Love words? Need even more definitions?

Subscribe to America's largest dictionary and get thousands more definitions and advanced search—ad free!