ivy-leaved speedwellnoun (1)
variants: or less commonly ivy speedwell
Definition of ivy-leaved speedwell
(Entry 1 of 2)
: a speedwell (Veronica hederaefolia) having reniform leaves with two or three small lobes on each side of the base
ivy-leaved toadflaxnoun (2)
Definition of ivy-leaved toadflax (Entry 2 of 2)
: kenilworth ivy
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game