it will all come out in the washidiom
Definition of it will all come out in the wash
1 —used to say that a problem is not serious and will be solved in the future Don't worry about it. It will all come out in the wash.
2 —used to say that the truth will be known in the future No one knows who was responsible, but surely it will all come out in the wash.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?