iso·pro·pox·ide | \ -₋sə̇d\
Definition of isopropoxide
: a binary compound of the radical (CH3)2CHO− isomeric with propoxyl especially : a base formed from isopropyl alcohol by replacement of the hydroxyl hydrogen with a metal aluminum isopropoxide [(CH3)2CHO]3Al
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game