Definition of isometric drawing
: the representation of an object on a single plane (as a sheet of paper) with the object placed as in isometric projection but disregarding the foreshortening of the edges parallel to the three prinicpal axes of the typical rectangular solid, lines parallel to these axes appearing in their true lengths and producing an appearance of distortion
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game