Definition of isocyanic acid
: cyanic acid regarded as having the formula HNCO and usually prepared (as by the reaction of phosgene with the salt of a primary amine) in the form of esters of which some are used in making polyurethans and other resins, plastics, foams, and adhesives
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?