isat·o·gen | \ īˈsatəjə̇n, -ˌjen\
Definition of isatogen
: a parent compound C8H5NO2 isomeric with isatin and known in the form of various colored derivatives that are made by treating an ortho -nitro-phenyl-acetylene with sulfuric acid
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?