Definition of partial to
: liking something or someone very much and usually more than other things or people I like all the food here, but I'm particularly partial to the fried chicken. She's partial to tall men with dark hair. I'm not partial to red wine.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/15/19
- 'Cliché': We’ve Heard It All Before
- 'Bounty Hunter': A Hollywood Invention
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
Ask the Editors
- Pass the Little Ribbons: A Pasta Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game