Definition of ironwort
1 : any of several shrubby or subshrubby mints that constitute the genus Sideritis, often have yellow flowers and whitish woolly stem or leaves, and are chiefly native to the eastern Mediterranean region
2 : hemp nettle
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?