ire·si·ne | \ ˌīrəˈsī(ˌ)nē\
Definition of iresine
1 capitalized : a genus of tropical American opposite-leaved herbs (family Amaranthaceae) having small spicate or paniculate scarious flowers and often colored foliage — see achyranthes sense 2
2 plural -s : any plant of the genus Iresine
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?