Definition of iodine bush
: a shrub (Allenrolfia occidentalis) of the family Chenopodiaceae with fleshy jointed stems, leaves resembling scales, and flowers in crowded spikes that grows in moist saline soils in the southwestern U.S. and is used for winter grazing
— called also burroweed, California greasewood, pickleweed
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Looking at ‘Bothsidesing’
- On ‘Infringe,’ ‘Encroach,’ and ‘Impinge’
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/20/19
- A Note on the Nonbinary 'They'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?