in·wall | \ ə̇n+\
Definition of inwall
(Entry 1 of 2)
: to enclose with or as if with a wall
in·wall | \ ˈin+ˌ-\
Definition of inwall (Entry 2 of 2)
: an inner wall (as of a blast furnace)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?