Definition of international map
: a map of the world at a scale of one to one million having a uniform set of symbols and conventional signs and printed in modified polyconic projection on sheets each covering an area of 4 degrees latitude by 6 degrees longitude except above the 60th parallel where the longitude covered is 12 degrees on each sheet
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game