Definition of internal clock
1 : a system in the body that controls when a person needs to sleep, eat, etc. The long trip upset my internal clock and I had a hard time getting to sleep.
2 : a clock or timing device that is inside a computer
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- The Exceptions Quiz III Take the quiz
- Musical Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game