interfere withphrasal verb
interfered with; interfering with; interferes with
Definition of interfere with
1 : to stop or slow (something) : to make (something) slower or more difficult The drug might interfere with a child's physical development. All of the noise was interfering with my concentration.
2 British : to touch (a child) in a sexual and improper way
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?