Definition of innocent passage
: the right of a foreign ship in grave distress or when overcome by a force majeure to anchor in or stop at a port within the territorial waters of another state without being subject to the general jurisdiction of the latter
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game