Definition of inner mission
: a movement originating in the 19th century within the Evangelical Church of Germany that sought partly through sisterhoods and lay brotherhoods to serve neglected and unfortunate members of society and that founded Christian lodging houses, Sunday schools, orphanages, and hospitals
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- It's a Scorcher! Words for the Summer Heat
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?