Definition of inner circle
: a small group of people who lead a government or an organization or who are close to its leader The President has an inner circle of advisers.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Words We're Watching: 'Criming'
- 'Party': A Word for One or Many
- 8 Colors from the Bigger Crayon Box
- Merriam-Webster Recommends: Books to Read While You're Hunkered Down
Ask the Editors
- Name that Thing: Flower Edition Take the quiz
- March 2020 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game