Definition of ink disease
1 : a destructive disease of the chestnut in Europe that is caused by a fungus (Phytophthora cambivora) and that produces dark cankers and a black exudate on the trunk
— called also black canker
2 : a destructive disease of walnuts caused by a fungus (Phytophthora citrophthora)
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game