inhere inphrasal verb
inhered in; inhering in; inheres in
Definition of inhere in
: to be a natural part of (someone or something) He believes that liberty inheres in humanity as a natural right. Does selfishness inhere in each of us?
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game