Recent Examples of inhalation from the Web
About 65 firefighters responded to a house fire in Montgomery County Thursday that caused one person to be hospitalized for smoke inhalation.
By Halloween, that Sunday in 1948, 26 people had died due to inhalation of sulfuric acid, nitrogen dioxide, fluorine, and other poisonous gases.
The residents, a couple and their adult daughter, were treated for smoke inhalation and released from the hospital, according to Capt.
Two men were taken to Florida Hospital Altamonte for smoke inhalation.
The two dogs that died from smoke inhalation when a fire ripped through Bridget Foy’s restaurant on Philadelphia’s South Street had been rescues, one from hurricane ravaged Puerto Rico and the other from a hoarding situation in Kentucky.
Montgomery County fire department spokesman Pete Piringer said six people were treated for smoke inhalation, and a dozen were taken to a hospital for other medical reasons — including existing conditions that required them to be under medical care.
The 100,000-square-foot spa has saunas, cold-dip pools, and inhalation rooms.
Nine people suffered minor injuries, including smoke inhalation, in the incident.
These example sentences are selected automatically from various online news sources to reflect current usage of the word 'inhalation.' Views expressed in the examples do not represent the opinion of Merriam-Webster or its editors. Send us feedback.
First Known Use of inhalation
INHALATION Defined for Kids
medical Definition of inhalation
inhalationalplay \-shnəl, -shən-ᵊl\ adjective
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up inhalation? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).