in·gre·di·ence | \ ə̇nˈgrēdēən(t)s\
Definition of ingredience
1a archaic : an ingredient or a mixture of ingredients later, the gold lost its purity and contained up to ¹/₃ other ingrediences— H. M. F. Schulman and H. W. Holzer
b : the fact of entering as an ingredient this complete ingredience in an occasion, so as to yield … fusion of individual essence with other eternal objects— A. N. Whitehead
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game