indulge inphrasal verb
indulged in; indulging in; indulges in
Definition of indulge in
: to become involved in (something, especially something that is considered wrong or improper) Both candidates have promised not to indulge in further personal attacks for the remainder of the campaign.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?