Definition of indirect labor
1 : labor (as clerks, repair men, maintenance men) applied indirectly to a product in the manufacturing process so that the cost is not computable in, identifiable with, or chargeable directly to the specific product — compare direct labor
2 : the wages paid to workers who are classed as indirect labor
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?