Definition of indeterminate growth
: plant growth in which the main stem continues to elongate indefinitely without being limited by a terminal inflorescence or other reproductive structure also : growth characterized by sequential flowering from the lateral or basal buds to the central or uppermost buds — compare determinate growth
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 5/24/19
- Summer Reading Picks from Merriam-Webster Staffers
- The Wayward Cousins of 'Irregardless'
- Different Words for Luggage and Baggage
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Challenging Vocabulary Quiz Returns! Take the quiz
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game