in/into the swim (of things)idiom
Definition of in/into the swim (of things)
: involved in an activity or informed about a situation She likes to be in the swim of things. When he gets into the swim of things, he'll be much happier.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- 12 Moon-Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?