in-countryadjective or adverb
Definition of in-country
: being or taking place in a country that is the focus of activity (such as military operations or scientific research) by the government or citizens of another country scientists and in-country colleagues will carry out field research — Tropicus Conservation International readied my gear for my first mission in-country— Darryl Young
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game