in/into the swim (of things)idiom
Definition of in/into the swim (of things)
: involved in an activity or informed about a situation She likes to be in the swim of things. When he gets into the swim of things, he'll be much happier.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game