in the (first) flush ofidiom
Definition of in the (first) flush of
: in the early and exciting time of (something) She published her first novel while still in the flush of youth. Everyone felt hopeful in the first flush of victory.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game