in statu nascendi
in sta·tu nas·cen·di | \ ə̇n¦stā|(ˌ)tünəˈsendē, -¦sta|, |(ˌ)chü-, -ˌdī; -¦stä(ˌ)tünäˈskendē\
Definition of in statu nascendi
: in the nascent state produce the aldehyde in statu nascendi— C. D. Hurd : in the course of being formed or developed if … isolation can promote the formation of full species, such species must in statu nascendi pass through a phase of less than specific distinction— Fridthjof Økland
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game