in someone's (infinite) wisdomidiom
Definition of in someone's (infinite) wisdom
—used in an ironic way to say that someone has made a foolish choice or decision He decided, in his infinite wisdom, that it would be better to sell the house than to keep it.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game